Thursday, November 10, 2016

Honeysuckles Grow Wild



I live on five acres of mostly wooded land.  When I got ready to build a house here, I had to have a driveway cut up the hill to the building site.  When the bulldozer came to build the driveway, I followed the driver around as he was bulldozing.  I wanted to be sure he didn't cut down any more trees than necessary.  He told me he understood because he had two acres and had 182 trees on those acres.  I decided that someone who had counted his trees was safe as a bulldozer driver for my property. 

As a result of this tree-saving activity, our driveway curves up the hill in and around several trees.  It makes driving up to the home site a little more interesting.

One day in early spring not long after construction had started, John and I drove up to the property after returning from a trip.  As we crossed over the little stream at the bottom and started up the hill with the windows of our car opened, we were greeted by smells of the honeysuckles growing wild in the woods beside the driveway.

Honeysuckle vines can be annoying, but when I'm working on landscaping around here, I always remember that day driving up the hill as we returned from a trip and the welcoming aroma of the honeysuckles greeting us.   

Sometimes it's just hard to improve on God's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment